3 love-hate relationships with my FinePix S5Pro
[written & photographed by Salnts]
It has been slightly more than a year since i started using my Fujifilm S5Pro. prior to that i was using a Nikon D40x. As of today, have been shooting for 2 years. I recalled the only reason i chose the S5Pro was because it could meter with my favorite Nikon 105mm f2.5 Ai-S. That said, it has been instrumental in my photography growth and i find myself unable to let it go the past 2 attempts trying to sell her.
I do know however that one day she has to go and when that day comes i can be happy i have so many wonderful moments captured and shared with her.
1) Colors – they are amazing. its something abot fujifilm’s color scheme that makes it unique from the rest.
2) Crazy Dynamic Range – i hardly shoot in RAW but the amount of tones and details that can be pulled back from 255 is mind blowing.
3) Straight-out-of-camera or SOOC Jpegs – Straight out of camera Jpegs is an event/ wedding photographer dream.
1) RAW is WAR- Yes its not slow but hellva slow.
2) Still 6MP – you do notice the lack of resolution.
3) Fujifilm Singapore is relevantly weak as compared to the big 3s (Canon, Nikon and Sony).
Here are some photos to share with milestones in the course of my 2 years in photography.. Most of these are SOOC or with very minimum editing done.
I have done so many No.1s with my Fujifilm and I really look forward to more. Also thanks to KopiOKaya for always being there to offer me his expertise and support.