Fujifilm FinePix HS-10 has arrived!
[written by KopiOkaya]
Today, I had the opportunity to spend some hands-on time with Fujifilm’s new flagship prosumer camera – the FinePix HS-10.
My first impressions are:
- Very responsive. Better than some of the current and previous S-series prosumer cameras.
- This thing is FAST!!!. The 10fps high-speed continuous shooting is definitely not marketing gimmick.
- Images are cleaner and sharper. Even though just from viewing the 3-inch (230,000 dot resolution) LCD screen, the images look cleaner and sharper than the FinePix S200EXR at ISO 1,600. I didn’t bring along a SD card, so no sample to show.
- Electronic Viewfinder with “Eye Sensor”. Finally, a camera smart enough to know I am looking through the viewfinder to take a picture. I don’t have to press the tiny “EVF/LCD” button.
- Zoomzilla!!! Massive zoom range from 24mm to 720mm (35mm equivalent) is something to behold.
- “Motion Remover”. It removes “moving people” from your picture BUT with limitations.
- Uses 4 AA-size batteries. Can be heavy to some people when fully-loaded.
Okay… enough of “my impressions”. It’s time for you to head down to the stores and try it out yourself.
The suggested retail price is SGD$799 (about USD$580). I did a quick price check with a few of my favorite camera stores and their prices ranging from SGD$690 to SGD$670 (USD$500 to USD$480). Freebies include an 8GB SD card, screen protector and camera case.
UPDATE (2): Read our exclusive Fujifilm FinePix HS10 impressions.
UPDATE (1): Found this FUJIFILM FINEPIX HS-10 BLOG online which provides an in-depth discussion on the camera.