Fujifilm adds an “inkjet paper” production line to its U.S. plant
[compiled by KopiOkaya]
Addressing expanded demands for inkjet paper Fujifilm adds an “inkjet paper” production line to its U.S. plant
FUJIFILM Corporation has established another production line at its U.S. plant (FUJIFILM Manufacturing USA, Inc.) for the production of inkjet paper, to meet growing worldwide demands in the field of imaging. The facility has gone into production this month.
Fujifilm provides a wide range of printing materials for imaging, such as silver halide photographic paper. The sales of its inkjet paper products, including the “Kassai” series for in-home printing, as well as the digital minilabs and wide-format printing systems for retail stores, is expanding mainly in North America. For this reason, Fujifilm has been preparing to begin production in the United States to complement manufacturing operations in Japan. The completion of the U.S. line has established a dual-hemisphere production structure for global distribution.
For many years, Fujifilm has globally delivered silver halide photographic paper and other printing materials, printing equipment, printing solutions, and other services as the leading company in imaging business. Fujifilm will continue to identify diverse customer needs and provide convenient and value-added products and services, thereby contributing to the development of the world’s imaging industry.
Corporate profile of the U.S. plant
- Company name: FUJIFILM Manufacturing U.S.A, Inc.
- Location: Greenwood, South Carolina, U.S.A.
- Representative: Shinji Kataoka, President
- Paid-in capital: US$80 million
- Equity ratio: 100% FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation
- Production items: Color photographic paper, single-use cameras, inkjet paper, pre-sensitized printing plates
- Site area: Approx. 200 hectares
- Number of employees: Approx. 900