Fujifilm releases new firmware to fix X10 ‘white orb’ blooming
[compiled by KopiOkaya]
The firmware update Ver.1.03 incorporates the following issues:
- New function for “RAW” button can be applied by customer’s preference by holding down RAW button for approx. 2 second or more, RAW button can be applied into new function similar to “Fn” button setting.
- Each value set on ISO sensitivity and Dynamic range can be maintained even if aperture setting mode (P / A / S / M) is changed.
- Face detection function is upgraded to keep tracking face by means of face-tracking AF function. As this function is activated even in movie recording mode, AF on detected face in the movie becomes more effective.
- Blooming (White disk) phenomena, which can be observed in EXR AUTO mode, is reduced.
- Compatibility on Mac OS 10.7
When the camera is connected to Mac PC on Mac OS 10.7, the camera is effectively recognized. Additionally, compatibility on RAW FILE CONVERTER EX with Mac OS 10.7 has been confirmed.
- AF confirmation sound was controlled on “SHUTTER VOLUME” in the SET-UP menu. By this update, this sound is controlled on “OPERATION VOL.” in the SET-UP menu, just similar to another functions.
- The image area with high brightness might be recorded as “black-out” area, just in case of dedicated shooting condition, This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
- When the flash is used under macro shooting condition, light-reflected area was shown in greenish. This unpleasant phenomenon is improved.
Download the new firmware HERE.