Firmware upgrade version 2.00 adding the Advanced Filter and the Q (Quick) Menu function to the FUJIFILM X10
[compiled by KopiOkaya]
Fujifilm is proud to announce the release of a new firmware update for the FUJIFILM X10, premium compact digital camera. Fujifilm will release the new firmware in response to a large number of requests from the camera’s existing users. Fujifilm has listened carefully to this feedback since its launch in autumn 2011. The update will add two new functions, i.e. “Advanced Filter” and “Q (Quick) Menu” function.
Description of new features
1. Advanced Filter
The update will add the “Advanced Filter” function to the camera’s Adv. (Advanced) Mode to enable the user to create unique photographic effects. Choosing from six special filters in 11 patterns, users can check the effect of individual filters on the LCD monitor whilst taking shots.
- “POP color” this filter boosts contrast and saturation for a colorful finish
- “Toy camera” this filter adds a vignette effect for a retro look
- “Miniature” the top and bottom of the image is blurred to simulate a diorama look
- “High-key” brightness is increased and contrast is reduced to create a gentle atmosphere
- “Partial color” this filter creates a monochrome image while retaining just one color out of red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple
- “Dynamic tone” applies dynamic gradation for a fantasy effect
The update will also introduce the “Q (Quick) Menu”, a popular feature found in the premium interchangeable lens camera the FUJIFILM X-Pro1. Updating the firmware will assign a Quick menu function to the “RAW” button on the back of the camera body. As a result pressing the ‘RAW’ button will launch the Q Menu so users can directly access frequently-used shooting settings. This function gives a list view of the most popular photography settings required during a photo shoot, including ISO, White Balance and Film Simulation.
Launch date of the dedicated firmware: 5th October 2012
The firmware will be available “Support” on the Fujifilm website. Please go to the support website below.
Fujifilm global website: http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/